Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Youtube interactive videos


Do you remember back in the 80s, the novels where the reader could choose his "own destiny"?
They used to be either fantasy or sciffy oriented and at the end of every chapter you decided from a number of proposed actions, what would the main hero do. Then you would be redirected to a page where you could read about the consequences of your chosen action. I've tried reading a few of those books in my preteens and let me assure you that halfway through, they wouldn't make absolutely no sense. They just gave me a dizzy feeling and I would just leave them. Or maybe the translation is to blame, dunno.

Anyway, after 25 years or so, youtube has transformed these "choose your own destiny" novels (well, their essence to be exact) to a new medium that serves them better. Not exactly a game as it demands less involvement but not a video either, youtube interactive gaming is a fun way to spend a few hours. My favorite one is the ever so popular "A hunter shoots bear" which was created as an ad, but there are several hundreds of them out there, so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment