Sunday, April 22, 2012

New Yorker

I found this article in THE NEW YORKER, that I read for today's procrastination (see what I did there?).
My favorite part was
You may have thought, the last time you blew off work on a presentation to watch “How I Met Your Mother,” that you were just slacking. But from another angle you were actually engaging in a practice that illuminates the fluidity of human identity and the complicated relationship human beings have to time. Indeed, one essay, by the economist George Ainslie, a central figure in the study of procrastination, argues that dragging our heels is “as fundamental as the shape of time and could well be called the basic impulse.”
So yeah, that's what I'm going to go with. "Stop yelling Boss, playing solitaire  illuminates the fluidity of my human identity!" :-P
Go read the rest of the article if you have an important deadline coming up 

No comments:

Post a Comment